Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ideas, Ideas

Okay, first of all, let me apologize for not posting in over a week. I've been sick and I've spent most of the last week on my sofa being miserable XD I haven't gotten any writing done, just a bit of brainstorming. And I think I kinda latched onto a new idea.

Maybe...

I don't know much about it yet, but all I DO know is that there are five brothers. They're not in a fantasy world; they're in ours, and I don't know what time period. And I have no idea what they do, or if they even do anything XD I think one of the brothers--maybe the oldest--has a problem. Maybe it's mental, or maybe it's physical. And one of the brothers is a lover. And one might be a scholarish rascal. But I don't know anything about the other two XD And I'm really not sure if my main character will be the youngest brother or the second-eldest. It depends on what ends up being "wrong" with the eldest. Or maybe it doesn't. I guess my idea's at "that" stage XD

I got the idea after watching "Dancing at Loughnasa" (an film set in Ireland centered around five sisters) and after watching the preview for "Little Women." Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't think of any stories about a little group of brothers other than The Brothers Karamazov, and certainly not one set in modern-day or close-to-modern-day settings. Correct me if I'm wrong; I'd like to read said books =P

All I know about my five brothers right now is that their last name is Falcarragh. And that's not even written in stone XD But it sounded cool when I said it (right?) and it's Irish =D

I must leave you now with that; just a random update about the state of my brain. Say Falcarragh five times and be very happy ^_^

God Bless~

Elisabeth

Ps. Aaaand, since this is sounding a little too like "Dancing at Loughnasa", my Falcarraghs don't live in Ireland. They might not even be Irish. They might be Swedish. I don't know. I'm tired XD

5 comments:

Fozzy said...

Even though you have little of it figure out it sounds awesome already =D

Christina Icarus said...

Bahaha, your ideas sound like my ideas. Like, oh, maybe this'll happen... or maybe not... or maybe this will... or maybe-- no wait, that can't.... but I want it to. But I don't even know who you are yet! Nevermind. I'll go take a nap. XD

I'm not the best at pronunciation. How would you say that? Fal-cah-row? Fal-car-roh?

Elisabeth said...

@ Foz: Thank you XD I don't even know why I made this post now... I guess I didn't want you guys to think I'd fallen off the face of the world... XD

@ Pip: Yes, that's the stage I'm in right now =P Anything can happen! Yayness XD And I THINK (*thinkthink*) that it's Fal-Car-AH. Maybe. Or maybe not =P

Jeanette said...

THIS SOUNDS EPIC. And Irish Gaelic names are amazing. :D

Btw, if it's Gaelic it's going to be pronounced differently than it looks like it should be. For example, "bh" in Irish Gaelic makes a "v" sound. So... yeah. xD

Elisabeth said...

Thank you =D I still don't know what I'm gonna do with it... It's very confusing XD

I never knew that! I plugged "Falcarragh" into Google Translate and translated it from Irish --> English. When I pushed "listen", the computer said fal-care-uh. I was sort of hoping that it would have more of a rolling "c". Oh, well XD