Friday, August 31, 2012

Sweet Survival

Hey, guys!

Just a short update on how I'm doing at college... Well, I'm here. And I love it. It's been a crazy ride, but I'm just diving into my first weekend after a full week of classes, and life is sweet. College life is stressful and hectic--what with homework, lectures, work-study, and trying to keep up with the folks at home, I've been struggling to get enough sleep at night. Learning new things, being challenged in different ways, and affirming the things I believe as I explore my faith in this great community. It's been a blast so far, but there's definitely one thing missing: writing time.

I just got a big package in the mail, and inside along with snacks and gum was an empty journal. It made me think of my characters, and my stories, and how the flow of words has just about stopped for now. It's sad to think that I'll be squeezing in writing on weekends or between classes, but it's also kind of exciting, because now that it's not something I can do whenever I want, it will be sweeter when I actually sit down with a pen and paper. I'm looking forward to it.

So, yeah. That's life right now, and I'm loving it. I'm sure my optimistic freshman attitude will come back to haunt me when finals roll around, but for now I'm enjoying my blissful credulity.

What about you? How has your writing been going as school begins?

God Bless~

Elisabeth

No comments: