Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Apology

Hi, everyone! No worries--this is not a "I'm closing down my blog after it just started" post or a "I said something that shouldn't have been said" post (though if that is the case, please inform me before you get another apology post). I just wanted to say sorry for not posting in a while.
My reason?
Yes.
I have a reason.
Not a good one, but it's a reason =P
 The reason (and a little non-webz update): I got a job, and have been reallllllly tired for the past couple of days due to the learning curve I'm expected to climb. Yes. So that's my reason.
As far as writing goes....

I did a bit of random poem-writing stuff, and I'm posting it just in case you want to read it :-/

This one's just a drabble--I liked formatting it to fit the theme. Other than that.... Nope, can't say I have much affection for it. Why I wrote it? Well, it's been raining a lot 'round here..... Yeah...

Earth Renewed


Sheets of rain fall down
Down
Down
Down to kiss the ground, the cold
Dry
Ground
The parched earth opens, without a
Single
Sound
And blood water flows in rivulets
All
Around
Into the veins of the earth
Down
Down
Down




This next one.... You'll just have to read it and decide for yourself what it's supposed to mean. Can't say why I wrote it--just one of those things. But even though it only rhymes in...like...one place, I like the way it flows.

Was It All the Same?

Time changes things
Time reverses
Time erases
Time forgets

As I stand here, I wonder
If this place was the same
Was it all the same
On the day you were here?
The clouds are beautiful
A pure, regal white
As if painted on the sky
Did they appear the same
When you saw them?
And when it began to rain
Did they bleed off
And fall on your face?
I take off my shoes
And begin the long march
When you walked this path
Did you feel every blade of grass
Between your bare toes?
And was its hue green
As the eyes of your lover?
The wind kisses my cheek
And whispers sweet nothings
Did the wind remind you
Of your mother
Did you cry?
Was the world never more beautiful
Than on that bright day?
Did you dread to leave
And beg God to stay?
I run, the sun hot on my back
Was the weight of the gun
Against your shoulder a comfort?
Or the heaviest burden you bore?
The distance is long
I gasp for air
But the air is warm
It chokes me.
Did the distance seem longer
When you were running
Then when you sat behind the trees?
I stop
I rest.
But you could not, could you?
You kept running
Running
Running
Not even fighting
Not even firing
Not even when you reached the wall
Not even when you were face-to-face
With the enemy.
I climb the wall
I stop.
Was the pain numbed by relief
Or peaked by fear?
Did you cry out for your mother
Or fall silently?
Did you linger long
Behind the wall
Among the dead
Among the dying?
Did you think about the field
How green the grass
How white the clouds
How blue the sky?
Did you wonder how such a thing
As your death
Could happen on a day
Like this?
I sit.
I touch the ground
And I weep.
For you were not the only one.


Soooo, that's what I've been up to. Hopefully--and I need to find a new expression to adequately convey the lameness of my poetry--your eyes don't bleed.

God Bless!

Elisabeth (who unfortunately can't figure out how to un-center the text).


2 comments:

Christina Icarus said...

The first one reminded me of... my drabble about blood.
Only yours was better 'cuz it was happier. XD
Is it weird that what you write reminds me of what I write? Only I like yours better? :]

I LOVE the second one. Like, a ton. I love how you pulled all the imagery back to tell a story, and it's really reflective sounding.
GREAT job! You don't stink at poetry, silly girl. :P *hugtackles*

Bahaha I can't ever figure out how to uncenter either. XD We're so incompetent.

Elisabeth said...

Yes, blood seemed to inspire my rain poem XD Which is weird...and...not? And I'm inspired by everything of yours that I read, so that's possible :P

YAY!! I was really confused as to HOW I actually wrote it--when writing poetry, I'm more of a strict "if it doesn't rhyme it's not a poem" type. So this is good XD

It's so annoying!!! I sat there for ten minutes just trying to figure it out XD