Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Halfway There

[Via]
 So, that's where I am. Thirty-thousand words. I honestly can't remember being at this point last year. I must have been in a sugar-induced coma. And okay, so the picture I used to illustrate the saying "Halfway there" is actually a picture of just "There". But "There" is where we want to be on the 30th, right? So it's all good.

I'm in part Two of the three parts I've envisioned for my book. This is where the story that I know really well, the story I've been wanting to write from the beginning, starts. I'm so excited, and a little scared, too. I'm still five thousand words behind, and I have a lot of things to do tomorrow. And of course, Thanksgiving Day is pretty much a dud as far as writing goes. Oh, well. God, you know what You're doing, and if I don't find enough time to catch up, I'll just do the all-nighter like I did last year. Yeah. That was fun :]



Here's my current favorite picture of Mae and her two children: Mary (the girl with the ridiculously huge bow and the ridiculously adorable smile) and Joseph, the dashingly handsome young man in the sailor suit who happens to be my great-grandfather. This was probably taken around the time that I'm writing about them right this very minute. Looking at this picture is so cool, and scary at the same time. This is where I came from, people. I'm so thankful to have such an amazing history!



Keep on writing, Wrimos! We're almost there.



No comments: