Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winding Down

 Maybe a more appropriate title for this post would be: IT'S THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER AND I HAVE TEN THOUSAND WORDS TO WRITE!

Only I don't think all that would fit in the title box.

Well, this week has been a lot busier than I thought it would be when I procrastinated at the beginning of November. I thought I'd get around to NaNoing seriously after I got all my other work done. I forgot one important fact: I NEVER GET MY OTHER WORK DONE. There's always more, and more, and more. Plus, inconvenient little things always happen when you have big plans. Like today, for example: I woke up with a head cold and proceeded to sleep in. Until twelve. When I have work to do. My mom's the best, but this is one time I wish she'd have dragged me out of bed. I suppose it's no wonder I have a cold: I've been staying up until midnight working on essays and applications for scholarships. All in the day of a senior in high school, I guess. And just think: in college, the process starts all over again!

My story is moving. It's really moving. At this time last year, I was banging my head against the wall because I had characters, but no story. This year I have both. I just don't have any time.

I have a large chunk of time tomorrow to fill. Most of it will be filled with essay-writing, preparing for a presentation a friend and I are giving to a local public school class, and doing homework. But maybe--hopefully--a little sliver of time will be for my book.

I know I'm going to finish it.

I just hope I finish it by the end of November.

For those of you who are still writing: I commend you. Keep on going! You're that much closer to the end.

No comments: