Sunday, November 13, 2011

Achtzehntausendzweihundertsieben [18,207]

[Via]
No, it's not gibberish. It's German, and yes it is a terribly long word. 18,207--that's where I'm at right now (if it's translated correctly). Close to making the cut, but still a few hundred words behind schedule. I dislike schedules with a passion, but I guess I'd never finish this book without one.

Well, on a lighter note, Maine was fabulous, and if you're ever thinking of going November is a pretty good time to head over there (even though practically nothing is open and it's really cold outside). The colors were breathtaking, and I have loads of pictures to throw at you as soon as I get them on my computer.


And the typewriter? I think it was invented in 1908. Which means my MC would be able to use it in 1905! So I thought it would be fun to have a picture of a lady [not my MC] with a typewriter, because typewriters indicate writing, and that's what I'm TRYING to do. If my logic doesn't make sense to you, don't worry. I'm pretty confused myself!


I hope you're all having a great time this November as we write our fingers down to the bone. Despite my enormous plot holes, obvious lack of knowledge about the early 20th century (Mae, why couldn't you have been a teenager in 1940? WHY?!), and my impending nervous breakdown which is sure to culminate before the end of the month, I'm having a blast. I'm learning, I'm imagining, and--hey! I'm writing again.

God Bless,

Elisabeth

2 comments:

Danielle Coiro said...

She's not writing with that fabulous typewriter D:

Elisabeth said...

NUANCE.